Students will explore movements, gestures, and feelings associated with a narrative theme, first a phrase created by the class (phrase A) and then a second phrase created by a small group of three to five students (phrase B).
The students will be given prompts to manipulate the order in which the phrases are performed. Then in the same small groups, students will choose a way to structure the two phrases to create a short performance. The assessment will take place in this order:
1. Create phrase A as a class through discussion and movement exploration.
2. Students will get into small groups of three to five students and collaborate to create phrase B.
3. The teacher will guide students with prompts while students are in their groups, in order for students to realize choreographic options with phrase A and phrase B.
4. Students will decide within each small group how phrase A and phrase B will be performed and then practice that specific structure.
5. Students will perform in groups for the class.
This item has not yet been field-tested.
Teacher BookletDownload PDF Download Word Doc
Student BookletDownload PDF Download Word Doc
Leave Feedback for this Assessment
You must be logged in to leave feedback. Don't have an account? Register Here.